Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location
From: PorscheRcr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 02:19:31 EDT
Air/Fuel ratio gauges just use a plain old oxygen sensor from a fuel injected
car to run the gauge (just a voltmeter marked for that purpose).  The sensor
will work just fine down in the collector of your header, thats the general
location it is in on most newer cars that have them from the factory.  If you
haven't already bought one I'd recommend getting one that uses a 3 wire
sensor, a little more expensive but they come up to operating temp more
quickly.  The link that follows is to a page for CB Performance (VW place)
they sell a unit that I have used and would recommend.  Less money than most
of them I've seen, and being a regular gauge it 's easier to use I think.   <A
 HREF="http://www.cbperformance.com/catalog.asp?ProductID=598";>CB Performance
Product Catalog</A>
Hope this helps!
Bill J