Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Gauge/Sensor Location
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 13:55:00 -0700
If your talking about the oxygen sensor, the collector is the only place to
get a true reading of all cylinders.  The only way you can do this is to
use a heated oxygen sensor here.  That's what I have with my fuel injection
system utilizing headers, in fact I have only one heated sensor in the y
pipe after each header collector on my V6 engine.  Two (one installed in
each collector bank) would have been marginally better, but slightly more
complex with my application.
>I'm once again contemplating installing an air/fuel ratio gauge.  I know
>that install should be relatively easy, but I'm not sure on the location of
>the sensor.  With a manifold, it would be easy.  But where would I install
>the sensor with 4-2-1 headers?  I would think all the way down by the
>collector for the 2-1 part would be too far along in the exhaust to be of
>any use.

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)