Re: Fw: Men's Perspective

To: spitfires <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Men's Perspective
From: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 14:59:04 -0400
"M.Hesselink" wrote:

> Humour is a very personal thing. It is not up to you to decide wether I have a
> a sense of humour or not.
> The email I was referring to may or may not have been funny, but it was
> certainly a very degrading peace of writing, and I don't want to receive such
> mail in my mailbox.
> It also indicative for a mentality that has been creeping into this list way
> often lately to my taste, and that I don't want to be associated with anymore.

Go in peace, Mr. Hesselink.  At the risk of flogging this horse a
little too long,
I too enjoy the occasional off-topic humor.  If it were mine, I'd
have tried to
indicate the off-topicness with some sort of code in the subject
line, "no lbc"
for example.

But I wouldn't want to see posts like that stopped.  What an
insipid bunch we'd be
if we never risked offending someone.

--
Douglas Frank Compaq Computer Corp.  Larceny, n.  A sturdy fiber
ZKO           110 Spit Brook Rd.      of which the human heart is