Re:classic car insurance

To: spitlist <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re:classic car insurance
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 23:07:30 -0500
Greetings friends, I've recieved several replies regarding my post on
classic car insurance and have gone with an agency using Grundy Ins. Co.
Here is a summary of coverage and cost as it applies in Massachusetts:
Agreed value policy- $6500.00 (if car is totaled, they pay this amount),
also;
Fire, theft, and collision,
$500,000 limits on optional bodily injury (injuring someone else),
property damage (someone else's property) and uninsured/underinsured
driver(someone injuring me)
$10,000 optional medical payments.
I indicated the car would be driven approximately 3,000 miles per year.
.Total cost per year for this policy is $138.25
As a comparison, my 1987 GMC van has no fire, theft, or collision. Has a
$40,000 limit on all other "compulsory" items, and if totaled by someone
else would get me about $3,000.00, if I'm lucky.
The yearly cost of this policy is $511.00
I can now justify spending money on my lbc due to the fact that the cost
of ownership is offset by the low insurance premiums. I'm going now to
explain this phenomenon to my wife !!!
Cheers,
Kevin Thompson
1970 mk3 spit (getting the cobwebs blown out tomorrow) :~)