RE: Classic car insurance

To: "KTnKT" <ktnkt@cape.com>, "spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Classic car insurance
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:16:39 -0500
Seeing that my spits are not on the road right now, They are not insured.
However, I got the bill for my 1961 Austin Healey Sprite yesterday in the
mail.  I say check your current insurance company.  I am using State Farm.
I have all my vehicles insured with them.  My bill for the sprite is $32.80
/ 6 months.  That all.  Full Coverage.  Liability, Bodily Injury, Property
damage, medical payments, $100 deductible Comprehensive, $500 deductible
Collision, Emergency road service, uninsured motor vehicle, underinsured
motor vehicle.  Car value $5000.  Use of vehicle: antique/classic.  No
mileage restrictions, no location descriptions.  I'm very happy with my
state farm coverage on my other vehicles.  The only restrictions are I can't
drive it in the snow and ice (I don't anyway) without calling my agent prior
to the trip, and they want you to get "antique auto" plates (which in
Indiana requires a State Police Safety inspection - No big deal)   I called
around, didn't like the other companies restrictions, then checked with my
agent.  I'd suggest you call you current auto policy agent.  You might be
pleasantly surprised like I was!

Bill