Really good day

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Really good day
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 20:00:03 -0800
Another lister sent me a tachometer to try out since mine is out of
calibration and needs the steady hand of a professional to get it back on
track.  It felt SO good to see 3250 RPM at 55 MPH instead of the 4000 that
it had been indicating recently.  Now I don't feel like I'm going to blow up
the engine when driving on the freeway!

Got a question, tho...  I actually gave Mrs. Jones a good workout on the
windy two lane highway near my home.  Accelerating hard into the turns,
putting the pedal against the floor on the straightaways, etc.  Felt real
good, until I hit a small dip in the road and scraped what I'm guessing must
be my Monza glass pack against the ground.  Will stiffining the Konis a
notch or two lessen my chances of bottoming out like that?

Thanks -- and be sure to check out the TTA!!  Lots of new items are being
offered for bid!

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego
'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"