Re: near match Paint

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Subject: Re: near match Paint
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:35:00 -0400
Craig, I love you choice of colours. One day we will have to get our Spits side
by side because I have mine in Torch Red as well. You can get touch-up spray
cans in Canadian Tire so I would expect you can get them in the US as well. I
would avoid the Plasti-Dip. It works quite will as a dip but doesn't brush on
very smoothly.

The best solution to leaking masters is to switch over to silicon. You will
never have to worry about paint lifting by brake fluid. DOT3 is disaster but
silicon is friendly to paint (except when you have to paint over it). The big
deal is that you have to completely flush all brake components to before
changing over to silicon. Not a little job, but well worth the effort.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario