Re: Amateur Confusion

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Subject: Re: Amateur Confusion
From: Fred Griffiths <griffco@mail.cadvision.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 15:17:11 -0600
Bowley, Glenn (GC CT) wrote:

> I had a question about this bolt size.
> I'm going to be removing my emissions "stuff" since my '75 does not have to
> go through emissions anymore (>=25 years old vehicles are exempt in CT.) My
> question is what size bolts can I use to plug the injection ports, are they
> pipe threads, or straight threads?

        Just in case this somebody would remove the antipollution junk - I know
the
bolts that hold seatbelts into carbodies is the same thread and bolt size. They
are
straight thread.
         Since there is a seat at the bottom of the hole in the head, I intend
machine the ends of the bolts off so they are shorter, and fit TIGHT, (even
perhaps with
copper washers) into that hole.
Cheers, Fred
--