Re: sealing gaskets/troublesome reverse lights

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sealing gaskets/troublesome reverse lights
From: Greg Ames <greg.ames.90@alum.dartmouth.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 13:54:31 -0400
Thanks to those who offered help on my gasket sealant/fixing loose ground
questions.

- Permatex #2 got the most vote for sealing the fuel pump gasket.
  Unfortunately, after going to several shops, I could only find
  it in the bulk pack (11oz tube).  I think I now have a lifetime
  supply!  I finished the fuel pump replacement last Sat (the old
  pump had stopped pumping...), and have no leaks (fuel or oil).
- I tried the "wrap a 18ga wire around the bulb holder's ground
  tab and stuff it into the socket" technique.  That seems to have
  purged the gremlins from the reverse/turn lights.
- http://www.loctite.com has a data sheets, etc on the different
  Loctite products.

Now, if only the accelerator cable hadn't snapped on the way to the
inspection station...  :-(

Greg
72 MkIV, FK26506L, waiting for the UPS truck...