Re: sealing gaskets/troublesome reverse lights

To: Greg Ames <tga@arrowpoint.com>
Subject: Re: sealing gaskets/troublesome reverse lights
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:02:54 -0700
>- What's the best way to seal the paper gasket under the fuel pump?  I've
>heard RTV or Permatex #2.  Currently, it blows oil like crazy.  I have to
>change the pump, so I'd like to seal the leak once and for all.
Can't help here, other than I use Permatex (the non hardening black stuff),
but are you absolutely sure it's leaking from the gasket?  I noticed mine
(on the GT6, basically the same pump) is actually leaking from the lever
arm pivot shaft.  The only way I can see to fix mine is to remove the pump
and replace the pin with a tighter fitting one -

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)