RE: Aluminum Frame

To: "'Bowen, Patrick A'" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Aluminum Frame
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:37:27 +0100

> As just a guess, you could probably shave more than 500 pounds just by
> switching some major components to aluminum, items such as frame,
> bellhousing, differential casing, tranny casing maybe,
> suspension components
> such as a-arms, I am sure the list could go on.

Well I can supply an all-ali gearbox casing from an early Herald if anyone
wants to give it a go!

                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1970 Spitfire MkIII
 |_|                  |_|   1973 Spitfire MkIV
                            1959 Standard Atlas Pickup