Re: Front-end project questions

To: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Subject: Re: Front-end project questions
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 13:26:09 -0400
Here is an idea for you, Vic. Get two brake discs (I think GT6 is good but maybe
Spits will work too). Buy the cheapy spring compresser. Throw away the hooks.
Drill holes in the discs to take the long threaded pieces. Place the discs on
each end of the spring/shock assembly and tighten up the nuts to compress the
spring. When the spring is compressed, undo the shock mounting nuts.

If you get the right discs, the centre hole will be just big enough to fit the
end of the springs but let the shock thru.

This is a very safe setup as you don't have to worry about a hook slipping. I
could never get it to work right and then this idea evolved. If you need more
detail, I'll have to work up a drawing for you.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario