Re: rear end clicking/thunking noise

To: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>,
Subject: Re: rear end clicking/thunking noise
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 09:55:55 -0400
On some replacement u-joints the clips they supply are thinner than
the thickness of the groove they go in to hold the u-joint
in place. The clicking could be...as has been described here
on the list before, the joint slipping from end to end up against
the clips. The u-joint bearings are tight, it the entire cap and X that is
moving within the yokes. You can try removing the clips, and placing
thin (coke can cut ups) spacers behind the clips to take up the
free space.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - Daily Driver
1975 Spitfire - in Cherry shape
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
1978 Spitfire - in Superb Shape!
wizardz@toad.net
http://www.teglerizer.com
(see menu for MG Automobiles  and Triumph Automobiles)