Re: tranny help

To: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Subject: Re: tranny help
From: "Victor B. Michael" <vmichael@enteract.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:34:50 -0500
[snip]

> When you drop the driveline from the back of the gearbox,  MARK the two
> plates so that you can get it back together the same as it was before.  This
> keeps the two u-joints in "time" with one another so that they don't "fight"
> while you are driving.

This interests me to the degree that I just received my newly rebuilt
half-shafts from TeamTriumph.
Though I never really noticed if the ujoint flanges were in alignment
relative to eachother, is this something I should do?
This just rang a faint bell with a recent thread - was I not paying
attention?

Anyway, I plan on putting these into my car tomorrow evening and
Saturday, if necessary. Is there anything (like aligning ujoints) that I
should be particularly careful of. I've done this exchange more than a
few times, I just want to be sure I'm doing everything I can to prevent
problems.

Thanks,

Vic