Re: tranny help

To: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>,
Subject: Re: tranny help
From: Jim <jdeatsc1@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 15:57:17 -0400
Brad,
There are those who will tell you to do the clutch (me included if it's not
new) while you have the gearbox out of the car.  The parts will cost you
about $130 or so.  It's probably worth not having to take everything apart
again when it DOES need a clutch.

You'll need a clutch alignment tool.  It will be plastic (probably) and
you'll use it when you bolt the clutch cover (pressure plate) and disk back
to the flywheel.

You'll need a torque wrench for torquing the clutch cover (pressure plate)
down.

When you drop the driveline from the back of the gearbox,  MARK the two
plates so that you can get it back together the same as it was before.  This
keeps the two u-joints in "time" with one another so that they don't "fight"
while you are driving.

What did I forget?

Jim

--
Rawchester, Neu Yawk
Sptifire MkII "HardWay"  FC68436L  Red, what else?