Re: 1500 dual SU and Knocking noise

To: "Dave Chu" <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Subject: Re: 1500 dual SU and Knocking noise
From: "Tom Shirley" <tshirley@VoyagerOnline.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:06:58 -0400
> The only draw back is, it now does not
> have as good pick up as before (even with the now AN needle).  I guess is
> because with the .009" jets it is not sucking in loads of fuel like it was
> doing with the .01" jet.  With the car running better and
> less noisy I now notice a knocking noise from the engine.  It is there
> when the car first starts up and sometime I can hear it while
accelerating.

Sounds like you've got the mixture too lean. Better check your plugs. If
they're white or light gray looking, your mixture is too lean and in a worst
case scenario, you'll burn a piston, probably #2 or #3.

Tom Shirley Sale Creek, TN
1982 Royale RP31M Formula Ford (BAD DOG Racing)
1978 Triumph Spitfire
http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1080