luggage compartment

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: luggage compartment
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:42:05 -0400
Listers, I think I now hold the record for the most leak proof Spit 1500
luggage compartment going, about 6 gallons of gas laying in my  trunk for
the past 3 days and not a drop on the ground, no trace of any thing under my
car, but, what a mess in the boot. One small rust-out hole on the left rear
side, can't find any others. For about 21/2 years I have had a POR-15 repair
kit on my shelve, and 2 weeks ago gave it to a neighbor for free, now I have
to order another, so I end up paying for 2 kits, smart. All the paint is off
the entire floor of the trunk and a lot of the seam sealer came out also,
mat is shot, original tool bag is shot, but, the "Putter" muffler hanger is
still useable.