Questions...

Subject: Questions...
From: "David A Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:23:35 -0400
First off I would like to thank all of the responses I got about how to go
about  installing my hard top.  At this rate it should be installed by the
weekend.

This is my first Spitfire and I am a little unsure about go about
fixing/adjusting minor problems.

1/ In North America what can be used for the Girling oil in the hydraulic
clutch?  I have been told DOT 3 brake fluid but I want to make sure.

2/ The hood/bonnet latch pops open on the driver side after about 30 minutes of
driving, Is there a way to adjust?

3/ When changing gears I sometimes get gear mashing/grind, it is almost like
the syncro is not there :-(.  Everything else seems okay, should I be REALLY
worried and stop driving?  Is this normal? Is there a small adjustment to be
checked/made?

4/ I plan on a strip down restore and I would like opinions about sandblasting
vs. acid dipping?  I have two friends and one dipped and the other blasted.
They both swear  they did it right.  Are there other opinions?

Thanks in advance

        David A. Templeton           mailto:davidt@opentext.com