RE: Brake Grease?

To: "'Dean Dashwood'" <ddashwoo@ect.enron.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Grease?
From: Davies William-qswi646 <QSWI646@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 12:58:57 +0100
Copper grease is fine for lubricating the mechanical components in the
braking system, ie., hold down pins, springs, sliders, adjusters and between
the anti-squeal shins and pads, however I always use the rubber grease
included with the rebuild kits for anything in contact with the hydraulic
side of the system. I've always assumed (maybe incorrectly) that the copper
was suspended in a petrochemical base which could attack rubber. I'll take a
look at the components on my tub of "copperslip" when I get home this
evening,
        Bill Davies.