Re: Brake Grease?

To: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>, "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Grease?
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:04:35 -0400
jonmac replied to: John & Tracy Knox

> >You say that it is rubber grease and that it is compatible
> with DOT3 Fluid.
> >Could this stuff be Glycerol?  I do know it is used all the
> time as a water
> >soluble lube in labs all the time.
>
> I only know it as high melting point grease. Yukky white in
> colour but highly heat resistant
>
> Jonmac

Yukky white? All the packets of rubber grease I have received in rebuild
kits have had a red coloured grease in them. OTOH, the sliding parts I lube
with White Lithium grease (Lubriplate as Andy Mace mentioned) and that is
white but is not a rubber grease. Of course those that would use anti-seize
here would have a silver colour.
Cheers
Keith

    _       _