Re: Dual Carb Fuel Lines

To: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dual Carb Fuel Lines
From: "Edward Hamilton" <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 13:05:05 -0400
Mike,
On the set that I previously owned, as well as all that I've seen, the float
bowl lids (for each of the carbs) is different.  The lid on the rear carb
was indeed a tee type affair.  The fuel line entering one side of the tee
which pointed directly toward the firewall.  The second part of the tee (on
the lid of the rear carb) was/is 90 degrees from the other -- pointing away
from the engine.  The lid on the forward carb has one "nipple" which also
points away from the engine.  A fuel line then connects the two bowls.
If you have a "tee" on the front bowl, I suspect that it is not the correct
lid -- block it off or get a different lid.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton