door handle

To: Triumph Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: door handle
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 09:46:45 -0700
Have a problem with the passenger door handle.  The outside handle
doesn't work any more.  The inside works just fine, even the locking
mechanism.  But the outside just moves, doesn't open the door.

Any helpful suggestions before I tackle this?  Seems to me, the last
time I took the inside panel off, that there is an awful lot of metal in
the way.  It's been a couple of years.  Am I going to be able to reach
the required parts without 'major' effort?

Thanks,

Brad Richardson
Portland, Oregon
79 Spitfire (FM90541U, really a 78 as made June 78)
79 Spitfire (TFZDW29T001453, really a 80 as made Nov 79)