Rear leaf Spring

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear leaf Spring
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:25:33 -0400
I am currently preparing to rebuild my rear leaf spring.  Amazingly enough
it seams as if the springs themselves hae not bent out of there norm.  But
the infamous rubber pad and the nylon pads under each spring those are a
problem.  For the rubber pad I obtained some sheets of rubber used by
plumbers to make gaskets, I was going to epoxy several of these togethor for
the right thickness and use this as the rubber pad, any reason this wouldn't
work?  As for the nylon parts I am lost, I tried to find Nylon washers but I
have not been able to find any that have a 3/4" external diameter, and 1/4"
thick,  Any ideas where to look and/or who else has done this and what were
your results or solutions.

Patrick Bowen