Re: door handle

To: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: door handle
From: bob harris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:09:52 -0400
Brad,
      I think you have to adjust the link that comes from the door
handle and connects to a large cotter pin.If you watch what happens when
you lock the door (door has to think it is latched to lock)you should be
able to figure out which way to adjust. Look at pictures in manuals and
study the workings of the door.Someone with small hands would be
helpful. To adjust,you have to squeeze the band that the cotter pin goes
through and change it's position on the pin.when you lock the door it
disables the outside handle. I found this to be one of the most annoying
things to do on my Spitfire,but walking away from it for o time helps.
                                                Good Luck,
                                                Bob Harris