Re: Non-LBC question

To: njaremka@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Non-LBC question
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:10:06 -0400 (EDT)
According to nikolai jaremka:

> it's possible that the caliper is sticking causing the pad to
> stay in contact with the rotor.  thus causing it to wear faster
> than the other side.

Especially if the Clio has a pivoting rather than a floating caliper.
Cheap Jap cars used to have these (maybe they still do?? I haven't
looked at one in years.) and binding of the pivot point was very common.
One way or the other, it is almost deinitely a hanging brake.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |