RE: Floor Pan Rust Removal

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Floor Pan Rust Removal
From: sarophes@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:22:52 -0700 (PDT)

> That is what did to my (girlfriends repair training)
> car, rust was visible
> after 6-8 months. Before painting I now use
> rust-changer paint which turns
> surface-rust into black metal and prevents rust.
> Look at POR15.com or was
> it POS15.com?
>
> Carsten
> Spit 79(lots of rust), 80

   Thanks, everyone.  This POR product sounds pretty good (and easy to
use), so unless somebody has something really bad to say about it, I'll
give it a try.
   I also have a few small holes rusted through the floor pan.  There
are about 4 or 5 of them and they are tiny, less than a quarter inch
across.  Is there a way to repair these that doesn't involve welding?
    Hey, I said I was a newbie, didn't I?

   Thanks,
   Chris