Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: Floor Pan Rust Removal
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@home.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:55:58 -0400
Here is how I make POR-15 last longer.

The trick for longer life is exposure to the air where it picks up moisture
which sets if off. Pour only what you need to do the job at hand into a suitable
smaller container. Do not dip your brush into the original container as it
introduces more air/moisture. Close the lid tight and put the original container
in the fridge. If you have left overs after your job at hand, dispose of the
them. If you have a smaller container, you can transfer the contents to it. It
is better to put away a full container as it does not contain as much
air/moisture. (This may be a trade-off as pouring it into the new container will
introduce air/moisture.)

If you find that the contents of the original container become thick (like
liquid honey) you can thin it down with lacquer thinner. It worked fine for me.
I have stretched a container to as long as two or more weeks after opening.

And like Atwell, I buy the starter containers. They are also great for re-use as
your working container and for odd jobs.

POR-15...great stuff.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario.