Re: Grinding Gears (& request)

To: "Bowley, Glenn (GC CT)" <glenn.bowley@gerbercoburn.com>
Subject: Re: Grinding Gears (& request)
From: bob harris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 21:06:49 -0400
I also have this grinding problem between 1st & 2nd and worse from 2nd
to 1st,I just rebuilt my gearbox,new
syncros,brgs,layshaft,spacers&gaskets.Found bad teeth on 1/2 syncro
hub,replaced with used(better shape)also wear on front of 1/2 shifter
fork,I believe it was rubbing on 2nd gear.replaced that with a
used(better)fork.The reason I rebuilt it was the grinding from 1st to
2nd.Nothing I did helped,I am hoping it is a problem with the selective
washers.Can anyone enlighten me?  Ted S. are you listening?

P.S. The syncros that I removed did not look to be very worn,but I
replaced them anyway.

Bob Harris