Re: '64 Spitfire 4

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: '64 Spitfire 4
From: Phil Johnson <gt6_man@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 00:01:17 +0100 (BST)
--- Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net> wrote:

> Phil,
> Does that explain why my son's replacement overrider
> was mis cut so that
> the cutout was more in the center of the overrider
> than toward the
> bottom as it should have been?

In a word yes. So it is not just in the UK that the
GT6 over-riders are being sold as Spitfire ones.
Someone really has made a big mistake in identifying
the part for remanufacture! Especially as there were
only 15818 GT6 Mk1's ever made and 83162 Spitfire
Mk1+2's made.

> He ended up
> ordering a matching one (therefore buying 2 new
> ones) and while both are
> cut in the center and therefore match, neither of
> them actually fit the
> car.

If he drills the front hinges higher, and gets some
GT6 cranked bumper irons, then they will fit properly.

Has anyone told the manufacturers/suppliers in the US?
===
Phil Johnson
Club Triumph (UK) Spitfire/GT6 Secretary
http://www.club.triumph.org.uk/

66 Spitfire4 Mk2 FC73949
68 GT6 Mk1 KC13299