Re: '64 Spitfire 4

To: <EAKETT@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '64 Spitfire 4
From: "RALPH JANNELLI" <RALPH.JANNELLI@Prodigy.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:15:37 -0400
Bumper item last I heard were becoming available through John Kipping in
England. They were working with a shop that was going to make one run a year
during their "slow" season. Other than that search for good used ones and
have them re-plated. I was fortunate to find a pair of new old stock still
in the boxes when I restored my '65 Spit.

Door latch mechanisms - other that good used pieces which probably don't
exist I don't know of any sources.

Seat tracks are also quite hard to fine most of them have rusted away along
with the wire basket that supports the bottom cushion. I have a pair of seat
frames from a MKII which I believe are the same. I believe that they are
usable once sand blasted and repainted. I also have a pair of the seat
tracks that have been cleaned and repainted but only two good rails that
bolt to the floor are  with them that other two were beyond saving. If you
are interested contact me off list.

Good used chrome fender strips should be available from a parts car, if you
can't find any let me know I may be able to steer you to someone that has
them.

Ralph Jannelli
Matthews, NC
'65 Spitfire MKII