Re: '64 Spitfire 4

To: EAKETT@aol.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: '64 Spitfire 4
From: "Karl Theis" <kjtheis@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:46:35 MDT

>From the the Roadster Factory parts list:
   LHF bumper overider - P/N 706605  - $92.65 (!)
   RHF bumper overider - P/N 706606  - $92.65 (!)
   Rear wing finisher  - P/N 707319  - $42.75
I don't know if they have these in stock.
I have four rear wing chrome strips taken from GT6+'s if you are interested.
  Let me now.  I believe they are the same as ones used on the early Spits.
   I'm surprised to hear that Spitbits couldn't help you with the door
latches.  Nigel usually comes through for me on the odd unobtainium part.
You might want to ask Nigel to contact his used parts sources in England.
    I also have a box full of overriders, but all are dinged up and I'm
using the best four for my cars. The rest are pretty tatty.
On a side note, does anybody know the difference between the front
bumper/overriders on mkI GT6's and mk 1/2 Spitfires?  The part numbers are
different.
     Later,
     Karl Theis