Re: Electric fan replacement?

To: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@comsavings.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric fan replacement?
From: "Wayne Burton" <Wayne_burton@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:17:13 -0700
>Nick Moseley

> The fan clutch is humming a tune that can be just be made out to be "If
you
>don't replace me soon I'm going to embarrass us". My local supplier wants
>$190.00 exchange for a new one.

Nick, I've always had luck with just replacing the fan pully and fan with
the earlier style
without the clutch. The plastic fan just bolts to the front of the water
pump pulley, and all
of your problems with this part go away - as does a lot of the noise.
Failing that - Go to NAPA or LORDCO and specify a 'Beck-Arnley' water pump -
it comes with the fan clutch bearing and at $80 its cheaper than the fan
clutch.

Wayne Burton
1963 Triumph Spitfire4
1966 Triumph 2000