RE: Greetings...and request for advice.

To: "Frank & Sherry White" <whitef@midusa.net>,
Subject: RE: Greetings...and request for advice.
From: "Bill Miller" <millerb@netusa1.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 19:59:19 -0500
Frank&Sherry,

I personally don't think a flatbed is "out"

I have a 16' two axle flatbed car hauler that I regularly pull behind my
1984 Ford Ranger, Manual transmission, 200K miles, ball on the bumper, worn
out truck.  I figure your truck has got to be in better shape than mine :)

Seriously, spits do not weigh that much, and if you put the weight over the
axles on the trailer, I doubt you will even notice it is behind you.

I would definitely recommend trailering it.  If you pull it you have wheel
bearings, hubs, etc, etc. to worry about.  Let alone the driveshaft (your
right, less than a hour to pull).  I'd let you use my trailer, but I'm
another 800 miles away, the wrong way.  I've heard a lot of good stories
about dragging/dollying a car, but if given the option, I'd rather trailer
it.

Congrats on your spitfire purchase.  I have a feeling I know about the '74
you bought.  I contemplated buying it myself, but I'm 1900 miles away and
couldn't take quite that much time off of work.  If it the red '74 I
thinking about, I'm envious, I think you got a steal!  Welcome to the list,
if I (or anyone else on the list) could be any help, just ask!

Bill
78 Spit