Re: Greetings...and request for advice.

To: "Frank & Sherry White" <whitef@midusa.net>
Subject: Re: Greetings...and request for advice.
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 20:43:59 -0400
Hello,

I've done both: tow bar and dolly. actually, I've used a flat bed too. I've
hauled four
Spits a number of times: ranging from 250 miles twice to a couple of blocks.
I didn't like the tow bar. The one I had didn't quite fit the Spitfire and I
ended up bending the bumper supports and scaring the hell of out myself.

The dolly was the easiest to use. Here in Michigan, the U-Haul dolly's price
was $35 for 24 hrs. The flatbed was $80 per day at another rental place and
it was a pain to load and tie down. The tow bar was free, and was worth less
than that. but that was just my experience.

As I think about it, what with gas, food, and perhaps a motel or two, the
rental is probably the cheapest amount you're gonna put out.

But whatever you decide to do, it will be an adventure :)

Take it easy,

Tom