More Carb/Emissions Questions

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Carb/Emissions Questions
From: "Mike Perry" <mikep@michindust.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 21:44:40 -0400
It seems to be carb changing season for 72 spits!

When I attempt this changeover, what will become of the vent tube on the
valve cover?  I am assuming it needs to "breathe"....seems to me we used to
pop a vented cap on top of the later Chevy small blocks I fooled around on
in high school when we removed the emissions stuff.

By rights the presence of this tube shouldn't affect performance, as it is
essentially an alternate source of air for the carb...am I correct?  My
preference it to clean as much of the extra hose mess out as is practical.

Thanks again!

Mike
72 spit, trying to regain some semblance of performance from an emissions
"neutered" 1296!