Re: SU Carbs

To: "Ken C" <KenCunningham@worldnet.att.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SU Carbs
From: geo@ohio.net
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:33:21 -0400
ken you must install these carbs... much improved performance. (should do
header at the same time) easy throttle linkage setup is to take a strip of
scrap metal about the size of a ruler (12 inches by 3/4 inch by 1/8
inch)these metal strips are available at any hardware store. drill a hole on
one end the size of the manifold stud and place it on the stud. grab it with
vice gripes and twist it 90 degrees. then bend it horizontal. go over 4
inches and bend it down and twist 90 again. drill a hole in this end and
place this over the other manifold stud. bolt the carbs on to secure the
bracket. now you have an inverted u above & between the carbs. drill a small
hole in the top of the u and install your '72 throttle cable through this
hole and connect to the linkage of the dual su's. a spring and rod from the
150 cd can be used. this is a very easy way to do it. it even looks good if
you make the bends on a vice and hammer them strait after eyeballing the
distances. good luck geo