Fibreglass Panels in the UK

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fibreglass Panels in the UK
From: "craig skitt" <caskitt@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:08:19 PDT
Fellow Spitsters,
3 Months ago i purchased a partly restored ( running gear, engine,
suspension, floor ) 1976 Inca Yellow 1500 Spitfire, an excellent car . The
only problem i now have with it is that it needs a respray and a new rear
wing ( relatively minor rust damage ). I have been having ideas about
getting new fibreglass body panels, both rear wings, bonnet and maybe the
doors fitted and a respray. Does anybody have any ideas where i could get
this done in the UK ( W.Midlands and W.Yorkshire area )and how much this
would cost. I would also appreciate any comments whether this would be a
good idea or whether it may cause any safety problems.
Cheers,
Craig.