Product Recommendation

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Product Recommendation
From: "R.D. Waid" <msp01091@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:42:18 -0500
Spitphiles,

I just used a product called Scotch 70 Self-Fusing Silicone rubber Electrical
tape to re-wrap some sections of my wiring harness. The tape has no adhesive on
it-it bonds to itself but is not sticky. I used it to replace the black wrap
which had come unwrapped. It does bond somewhat to the black. It comes with a
clear poly interliner to keep the roll from sticking together. The roll I have
is grey- don't know if it comes in black. It is rated to a service temp of 325
F. Anyway, the stuff is easy to use. It would be available from industrial
distributors carrying the products of 3M's Electrical Products Division.

I am a 3M employee, but have no direct financial interest in this product
(different division).

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV  FK4081L