LH drive

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: LH drive
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 1999 14:57:05 -0400
On the subject of left & right hand driving we had a short time back,
well I just came across this,In the very early days of freight hauling
the "Conestogas/Pittsburg" prairie schooners discovered it was much
easier to see from the left side while guiding/steering from the right
side. The pioneers/settlers also found it wise not to argue with these
drivers, so they also followed in the rut already created by these heavy
"Conestogas and habit soon became "law". These practices were started by
the Penn. dutch.   "FT"