Re: Rimmer bros. complaint / VB praise

To: <Mike.Hopkins@mis.magna-europa.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rimmer bros. complaint / VB praise
From: "James Carpenter" <james.carpenter@jccsystems.swinternet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:19:44 +0100

>Never had one problem with Rimmers, in fact they in my opinion are one of
>the best period, albight a little expensive

Ditto, but I would also like to add, the parts you get from them are
expensive for the quality.  But not expensive if you know what I mean, the
rear spring I got from them was not finised very well, but they needed to
charge almose 1/2 as much as they do and make orignial quality Spitfire
springs.

My one complaint about all parts supplyers is you order a part and get a
cheap remanifacture for the advertised part, rather than a more expensive
part that would actualy last and do the job.  UJ's, other suspension parts
and heater pipes are good example, the new pipes I got have cracked after
only a year!

It's down to people to insist on better quality, the hassel of sending
somthing back is a lot less than replaceing a poor quality part when it
prematurly fails.

James