Re: TSI headers

To: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Subject: Re: TSI headers
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 08:57:24 -0700

"Keith R. Stewart" wrote:

> "Almost all" headers require grinding and "fiddling" to fit because they
> are bent and welded, rather than cast units like the original. Some fitting
> to the existing stock exhaust might be required. After installing my Monza
> and the exhaust header, I had a local "muffler shop" bend and fit a short
> piece between the two. OTOH, since the header is designed to make your
> engine exhaust gases more easily, wouldn't it be wise to carry this through
> with the rest of the exhaust?

Keith,
When I installed my "Pacesetter" header and Monza Exhaust system, I
bridged the gap between the two by getting two 45 degree angled pipe
fittings of the correct diameter from a local auto parts store.  Putting
the two together and twisting to form an "S", it came out to exactly the
correct size.  Securing them with clamps rather than welding makes it
easy to disassemble, should the need arise.

Although I don't know what a muffler shop would charge for a custom bent
pipe, I figured I saved a few bucks.

Regards,
Joe
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer