Re: TSI headers

To: "nikolai jaremka" <njaremka@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: TSI headers
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 11:43:59 -0400
> i want to buy an exhaust header, but i don't want to pay the
> $150 for a monza 'poor design' header.  i think i want to buy
> one from TSI but i want to know who manufactures the ones they
> sell.  has anyone bought one (or ted maybe you could tell me)?
> if you have a TSI header, what do you think of it?  can i attach
> it to my otherwise stock system without much trouble?  any
> information relating to this particular header would be
> appreciated.
>
> thanks in advance
>

> ===
> nikolai jaremka
"Almost all" headers require grinding and "fiddling" to fit because they
are bent and welded, rather than cast units like the original. Some fitting
to the existing stock exhaust might be required. After installing my Monza
and the exhaust header, I had a local "muffler shop" bend and fit a short
piece between the two. OTOH, sice the header is designed to make your
engine exhaust gases more easily, wouldn't it be wise to carry this through
with the rest of the exhaust?
Cheers
Keith

    _       _