Re: Baby, you can wax my car.

To: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: Baby, you can wax my car.
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 05:51:14 -0700
>I'd just like to do a quick, informal survey.  What waxes are we all using
out
>there and how well do they work?  I'm currently using the old traditional
Turtle
>Wax paste and it does an adequate (not wonderful) job on Emma Peel's 18 year
>old paint.  Being Scottish, I like the price, but, sometimes wonder if those
>exotic Carnuba's are worth it.
***********************************
Yes they are.  I have been using Zymol for about four or five years now.
Not the inexpensive stuff you by at the local auto parts store either.
What I use is about $35 a container.  I was convinced of the superiority of
this stuff when I did a comparison side by side.  I polished one side of
the bonnet with my current wax at that time (which was one of the better
waxes at the time) and then I polished the other with Zymol.  You could SEE
the difference.  The Zymol side was NOTICEABLY deeper and much more shiny.
Been using it ever since!  (by the way, last time I read a test of waxes,
turtle wax was rated the least desirable of the bunch-sorry, I didn't do
the test, just thought you might want to know :-{)

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire