Re: Baby, you can wax my car.

To: "Neil McAllister" <neil.mcallister@fvrl.bc.ca>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Baby, you can wax my car.
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1998 08:30:59 -0400
At 02:55 PM 10/3/98 -800, Neil McAllister wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'd just like to do a quick, informal survey.  What waxes are we all using
out
>there and how well do they work?

Neil and others,

I would like to mention the use of paint cleaning clays.  This is something
that works!  Before waxing or polishing, spray some 'quick-polish' on the
WASHED finish and rub with the clay, always turning it to offer up a clean
clay surface.

The clay removes stuff like bugs and road grit but does not scratch the
paint.  The finish comes out very smooth and takes 'way less time than
using cleaner waxes. Then the final polishing is quick, because you are not
spending time trying to "clean" the paint.

I got some as a gift and was skeptical at first but after testing it on my
Daily Driver I'm a believer.

Several companies now sell it, so spelling the M brand should not be an
issue!  <g>

Sincerely,

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire (with shiny paint that accentuates the door dings)