transmission covers etc.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: transmission covers etc.
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 13:33:50 PDT
Well I just took out my old tranny cover.  I now know why my car was a
little oven.  There were NO screws or bolts holding the cover to the
fire wall!  Not to mention the big rip.  But I digress.

Questions are:

1) when you guys put in your ABS tunnel did you also apply some
insulation?  if so what kind and where?

2) what type of screws are supposed to hold the tunnel down I pulled out
4 different types.  Ranging from flat phillips to self tapping regular
heads.

3) Is there supposed to be some sort of plate over the opening in the
engine bay?  It looks like there could/should have been one there.

thanks

Ryan