Read any good Books?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Read any good Books?
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 14:25:53 EDT
I guess its time to get serious and buy a decent book.  All I have now is a
REALLY beat up haynes manual.  I have a '73 Spitfire 1500 and a '78 Spitfire
1500.  VB has catalog num 9-1322 (Factory Workshop Manual) covers 73-80 so it
seems like a good choice.  But, when I look at Spitbits they have "The
Spitfire MK IV Workshop Manual: 71-74" and "The complete official Triumph
Spitfire: 1500  75-80".  My '73 is a 1500, so is the first Spitbits book the
correct one (wrong model but correct year) or is the second one correct
(correct year but wrong model)?  Also, all these say that they are original
reprints, so how can the one that VB sells be for different year ranges than
the Spitbits version?  I would prefer to buy only one manual that covers both
cars if I can.  Does anyone have the appropriate book that they want to sell?

David Gates
'73 Spitfire 1500  (FM3891U)
'78 Spitfire 1500  (FM72800UC)
Hawaii