Re: transmission covers etc.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: transmission covers etc.
From: john donohoe <gt6driver@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 06:46:53 -0700 (PDT)
Vic,

you seem thorough! Can you elaborate on how you attached the bubble
foil to the underside of the trans tunnel? I applied a layer to the
outside (under the carpet) because I was afraid that the stuff
wouldn't stay on underneath the car! I gotta pull the driveshaft soon,
and would love to install insulation UNDER the cover while I've got it
off.

TIA,
John Donohoe
'70 GT6+
'70 GT6+ (future Sixfire)

---Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com> wrote:

> Ryan, I have an ABS tunnel cover, bought from TRF in August last
year. I've
> fabricated my own brackets in 1/8 aluminum to go all the way around
the flange
> where the tunnel cover meets the firewall. This is in three pieces
which overlap
> each other (offset bends in the overlaps). One across the top, and
one on each
> side. I also have brackets on the flange that fits to the floor area
and extends
> back to near the bolt holes for the support between the floor and
dash. These
> brackets are about the same width as the flange.
>
> The brackets are my way of assuring the flange stays somewhat
straight between
> the mounting screws.
>
> I got the cover complete with the installation kit which includes
the gaskets,
> screws and washers. The washers are rectangular with slotted holes.
The screws