Re: transmission covers etc.

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net, shmitty99@hotmail.com, gt6driver@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: transmission covers etc.
From: mike@spitfire.stortek.com (Mike Ginter SA)
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:15:31 -0600
John, Ryan, and any others interested,

I bought an ABS cover and new seals from MOSS via Dick Burger last summer.
I used the insulation that JC Whitney and now VB sell.  It is a thick foil
backing over torn up glued together bits of cloth (I think).  I used 3M
spray-on contact cement to the ABS cover and cloth side of the insulation.
Added on screw hole to the firewall at the top of the cover (two holes at
each corner but none in the middle).  It works great!  Over a year later,
the contact cement has shown no signs of coming loose.  Even in 90+ degree
heat this summer with no carpet installed, my feet were heat free.  Downright
comfy.

Mike
79 Spit