[Shop-talk] Video editing help

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net type=4; name=$KeepSent
Subject: [Shop-talk] Video editing help
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 07:02:57 -0500 11/20/2022 07:03:04 AM, Serialize complete at 11/20/2022 07:03:04 AM
--===============3328398642627632900==

--=_alternative 0042305B85258900_=

I know this isn't 100% shop talk related, but stick with me.

I am an instructor in the Army and I often have to use clips from movies
and other video training aids.

Problem is, many of these 2 or 3 minute clips are embedding in 1 or 2 hour
videos.  Meaning I spend lots of time finding the actually beginning of a
clip and such.

Also, now that we are doing more virtual training, I would love to be able
to send out the videos so students can watch them locally, but I can't
send 1 gig files.

I am looking for a video editor that can 'crop' videos files.  These are
often compressed files (.mp4) so I understand that I may have to have some
'extra' footage that the beginning, and that is fine.

But what I see is often I have to wait for the entire play length to save
the cropped file.

Is there an editor out that that can quickly and easily crop video files?
Bonus if it's free.

Thanks!

Moose
--=_alternative 0042305B85258900_=

but stick with me.</font>
often have to use clips from movies and other video training aids.</font>
clips are embedding in 1 or 2 hour videos. &nbsp;Meaning I spend lots of
time finding the actually beginning of a clip and such.</font>
training, I would love to be able to send out the videos so students can
watch them locally, but I can't send 1 gig files.</font>
can 'crop' videos files. &nbsp;These are often compressed files (.mp4)
so I understand that I may have to have some 'extra' footage that the beginning,
and that is fine.</font>
for the entire play length to save the cropped file. &nbsp;</font>
quickly and easily crop video files? &nbsp;Bonus if it's free.</font>

--===============3328398642627632900==--