Re: [Shop-talk] Where to buy copper washers & utility light

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Where to buy copper washers & utility light
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 18:24:05 -0700

--------------M6gRHpsqDXc7U0vRwd4eC2LF

Harbor Freight has a decent assortment of copper washers:

https://www.harborfreight.com/80-piece-copper-washer-assortment-67526.html

Quality? They're copper.

For working on cars, I prefer a headlamp (because I don't have three arms):

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-headlamp/

On 9/24/2022 11:28 AM, Rochlin Robert wrote:
> I second Paulâ??s recommendation of the Braun Light.  I have two so that
> I can recharge one while using the other. It is light, relatively
> powerfulI, rugged, and inexpensive.  I bought it to use in the garage,
> but now use it in many applications. All in all, it's The best utility
> light Iâ??ve ever had. My only complaint is that it is so unobtrusive
>  that itâ??s easy to forget to remove it at the conclusion of a job.
> Best,
> Bob
>
>> On Sep 24, 2022, at 11:55 AM, Paul Parkanzky <parkanzky@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have two of the rechargeable slim Braun lights and I really like them.
>>
>> <56329_W3.jpg>
>> 390 Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar Folding Work Light
>> <https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html>
>> harborfreight.com
>> <https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html>
>>
>> <https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html>
>>
>> Theyâ??ve taken a heck of a beating and held up. All my friends that
>> have come and used them end up buying one or two.
>>
>> My only complaints are that the button sticks out a mile and Iâ??m
>> constantly hitting it accidentally when Iâ??m using it. I unscrew the
>> base a half-turn when I throw it in my work bag to keep it from
>> coming on inadvertently.
>> My other wish is that it folded all the way over so it would pack
>> more easily. I used a Snap-On with a similar design that folded over
>> onto itself and that was nice but I like the Braun better overall.
>>
>> -Paul
>>
>>> On Sep 24, 2022, at 11:06 AM, Gene Abbondelo
>>> <eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> I'd like to find a company that sells good quality copper washers of
>>> various sizes in kit form.  Lots of stuff on  Ebay, but not sure of
>>> the quality.  Didn't see anything on MSC Direct or Aircraft-Spruce
>>> or McMaster Carr in an assorted size kit, but I may have missed
>>> something.     Any suggestions?
>>>
>>>  Also looking for a good quality small but powerful utility light
>>> that can get into tight places when working underneath a car.
>>> Corded or rechargeable battery.  I looked at stuff at Lowes and Home
>>> Depot but didn't like any of it.  Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Gene

--------------M6gRHpsqDXc7U0vRwd4eC2LF

  <head>
  </head>
    Harbor Freight has a decent assortment of copper washers:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/80-piece-copper-washer-assortment-67526.html";>https://www.harborfreight.com/80-piece-copper-washer-assortment-67526.html</a><br>
    Quality? They're copper.<br>
    For working on cars, I prefer a headlamp (because I don't have three
    arms):<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-headlamp/";>https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-headlamp/</a><br>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:90685427-583D-4A69-A6B6-B7A23633BF0B@comcast.net">
      second Paulâ??s recommendation of the Braun Light.  I have two so
      that I can recharge one while using the other. It is light,
      relatively powerfulI, rugged, and inexpensive.  I bought it to use
      in the garage, but now use it in many applications. All in all,
      it's The best utility light Iâ??ve ever had. My only complaint is
      that it is so unobtrusive  that itâ??s easy to forget to remove it
      at the conclusion of a job.
          class="">
              &lt;<a href="mailto:parkanzky@gmail.com";
                class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
moz-do-not-send="true">parkanzky@gmail.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
                charset=UTF-8" class="">
                slim Braun lights and I really like them.
                      role="link"
data-url="https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html";
                      style="-webkit-user-select: all;
                      -webkit-user-drag: element; display:
                      inline-block;"><a class="lp-rich-link"
                        rel="nofollow"
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html";
                        dir="ltr" role="button" draggable="false"
                        width="228" style="border-radius: 10px;
                        font-family: -apple-system, Helvetica, Arial,
                        sans-serif; display: block; -webkit-user-select:
                        none; width: 228px; -webkit-user-modify:
                        read-only; overflow: hidden; text-decoration:
                        none;" moz-do-not-send="true">
                          style="table-layout: fixed; border-collapse:
                          collapse; width: 228px; background-color:
                          rgb(233, 233, 235);" width="228"
                          cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
                          <tbody class="">
                                align="center"><span

id="cid:8CAEA79F-7BBD-4B66-A0BA-A163BBFF2205">&lt;56329_W3.jpg&gt;</span></td>
                                  style="table-layout: fixed;"
                                  width="228" cellspacing="0"
                                  cellpadding="0" bgcolor="#E9E9EB">
                                  <tbody class="">

class="lp-rich-link-captionBar-textStackItem"
                                        style="padding: 8px 0px;">

class="lp-rich-link-captionBar-textStack"
                                          style="max-width: 100%;
                                          margin: 0px 16px; overflow:
                                          hidden;">

class="lp-rich-link-captionBar-textStack-topCaption-leading"
                                            style="overflow-wrap:
                                            break-word; font-size: 12px;
                                            overflow: hidden;
                                            text-overflow: ellipsis;"><a
                                              rel="nofollow"
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html";
                                              draggable="false"
                                              style="text-decoration:
                                              none;" class=""
                                              moz-do-not-send="true"><font
                                                style="" class="">390
                                                Lumen Magnetic Slim Bar
                                                Folding Work

class="lp-rich-link-captionBar-textStack-bottomCaption-leading"
                                            style="overflow-wrap:
                                            break-word; font-size: 11px;
                                            overflow: hidden;
                                            text-overflow: ellipsis;"><a
                                              rel="nofollow"
href="https://www.harborfreight.com/390-lumen-magnetic-slim-bar-folding-work-light-56329.html";
                                              draggable="false"
                                              style="text-decoration:
                                              none;" class=""
                                              moz-do-not-send="true"><font
                                                style="color: rgba(60,
                                                60, 67, 0.6);"
                                  </tbody>
                          </tbody>
                      </a></div>
                  Theyâ??ve taken a heck of a beating and held up. All my
                  friends that have come and used them end up buying one
                  or two.</div>
                  sticks out a mile and Iâ??m constantly hitting it
                  accidentally when Iâ??m using it. I unscrew the base a
                  half-turn when I throw it in my work bag to keep it
                  from coming on inadvertently.</div>
                  way over so it would pack more easily. I used a
                  Snap-On with a similar design that folded over onto
                  itself and that was nice but I like the Braun better
                  overall.</div>
                    11:06 AM, Gene Abbondelo &lt;<a
                      href="mailto:eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com";
                      class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
                      moz-do-not-send="true">eugene.abbondelo@gmail.com</a>&gt;
                    wrote:<br class="">
                        sells good quality copper washers of various
                        sizes in kit form.  Lots of stuff on  Ebay, but
                        not sure of the quality.  Didn't see anything on
                        MSC Direct or Aircraft-Spruce or McMaster Carr
                        in an assorted size kit, but I may have missed
                        something.     Any suggestions?<br class="">
                        small but powerful utility light that can get
                        into tight places when working underneath a
                        car.  Corded or rechargeable battery.  I looked
                        at stuff at Lowes and Home Depot but didn't like
                        any of it.  Any suggestions?</div>

--------------M6gRHpsqDXc7U0vRwd4eC2LF--

--===============4394316571394353282==

--===============4394316571394353282==--